Sunday 30 September 2012

School begins

On my brothers birthday (also known as last Monday) I had to be at the university on a course of the UEA library system.  After I went home and decided that I felt like baking.  I grabbed some ingredients from the store and whipped up a batch of my Tahini cookies.  Taylor and I ate a lot of them that night.....

I didn't realize it while making them, but the next day(also known as my mother and Abi's birthday) was not only my first day to have a small class with my group, but my landlord was also coming over to give us a new washing machine.  So, not only did my landlord get some yummy cookies but I shared them with the class.  Bringing cookies was a good way to get everyone to not only remember who I am, but also to understand that they are going to be fat by the end of the course thanks to my baking. 

It was only an hour long course but we got explained to us the readings, how we will be assessed and the themes for each seminar.  I'm excited but apprehensive.  There are a few class presentation, one in groups and one 25 minute presentation alone.  I have never done an academic presentation and I hate public speaking.  I had to give a speech at Abi's wedding in May and I was so freaking nervous about that! My professor is amazing, he asked if any of us have never done a presentation before.  Since I was the only person to raise my head he told me that a few weeks before they begin he will sit down and help me out with it, which is awesome!

Later in the day there were booths for all the clubs at UEA.  I wandered around, but it was a madhouse! I did end up signing up for the history club.  Hopefully that will be fun. 

I ended up going into town to drop off some comics at the library and I learned about one of the downsides about Norwich.  Everything but restaurants,closes at 6pm! Even the mall and Starbucks chains were closed.  As I walked home from the library the streets were eerily empty.  Coming from Toronto, I'm just not used that...


But there is a huge plus side about England: the dentist costs 17 pounds!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment