Tuesday 25 September 2012

More wandering

On Saturday we decided to check out the covered market, as more stalls are open that day.  I bought Taylor his first English fish and chips.  It was HUGE! He said it was delicious, but he couldn't finish it! Taylor bought me ice cream, I tried a flavour I have never heard of before: banoffe.  It's banana and toffee.  It was so yummy!

Yum!
We then wandered around the city and did out first weekly shopping.  It was pretty cheap, for a weeks worth of groceries it is only about 45 pounds a week.

That night we got take away! A new restaurant just opened up and I had to try it.  It's an indian restaurant and it's all vegetarian.  It was fantastic! Take away is a little pricey (10 pounds per person) so I doubt we will be doing that every week, but it was necessary after a very busy week.

On the weekend we encountered our first problem in Norwich.  We attempted to do laundry for the first time, we got it all ready, hit all the necessary buttons and pressed start.  It made so strange noises, got our clothes damp and that was it.  Our machine was broken :( After a frantic call home, thinking we had done something wrong, we called our landlord who got us a whole new machine (which we just got today, a week later-it's having it's first use right now)

On the Monday I had an event at the school to go to.  A mature students event (that's right, at 25 I'm considered mature....) I got up nice and early and made sure not to wake up the sleeping Taylor.  I was getting my daily tea, when I burned my wrist badly.  So I had to go wake up Taylor who gave me a cold compress and I headed for the bus with my arm all wrapped up.  The event was really boring, and looking back was not very useful. I came home and did nothing the rest of the day, how relaxing!

No comments:

Post a Comment