Wednesday 26 September 2012

PIRATES!

The day had finally arrived when we recieved the glorious internet.  We spent all day talking to family and friends, as well as catching up on TV shows (such as Big Brother). 

The next day we hit up the Morrison's for breakfast.  I got pancakes.  But, they didn't really taste like the pancakes at home, and as a pancake addict this was depressing.  In fact we can't find pancake mix anywhere.  We tried something called 'Yorkshire pudding and pancake mix', but they tasted more like crepes.  I found a recipe from Martha Stewart that I'm going to try, but the last time I made pancakes from scratch they tasted like hockey pucks.  Maybe we'll have better luck this time.  After our breakfast we walked along the Riverside, but this time in the opposite end.  We spotted the coolest boat we have ever seen.  It was all black, looked like a tank, had a flame thrower on the front, skulls on pikes, mannequins dressed up as nuns and WWII soldiers and other amazing details.  The owners of the boat were doing repairs and we were able to talk to them and get some information about the city.  They had lived on the boat moored in the city for a number of years but were leaving for an adventure and were not coming back. 











 We also ran into a sign that was perfect for a good Native joke.

How!
 On Friday the 21st I registered for school.  I basically showed up at 9am, showed them my visa and my degree and got a student card.  I head back home for a nap as I didn't have to be back until mid-afternoon.  At 2 we had an introduction for the Museology postgraduate students.  We got introduced to our professors/advisor and got a tour of the school.  I met a bunch of people in my class and surprisingly there are quite a few Americans, but alas I'm still the only Canadian. 


Tomorrow I will tell you all about my adventure with cats!

1 comment:

  1. Love reading this and glad you are having FUN.

    LOVE DAD

    ReplyDelete