Saturday 13 October 2012

Facts!

I have been in Norwich for a month now and there a few things I have come to understand.

-Getting used to cars driving on the other side of the road is easy.  Getting used to the drivers side being on the opposite side is not.  I still freak out when I see a child or dog on the Canadian drivers side, and think to my self "who is letting their dog/child drive?!" 

-Women of all sizes love to wear very short shorts over tights no matter the weather.

-The British love pre-packed food.  I swear 2/3 of the grocery store is pre-packed meals.

-Cath Kidston is very popular.  Everyone owns her bag (or at least a cheap rip off).  I also want to own one...

-Squirrels are not as prevalent as they are in Canada.

-Eggs are not refrigerated in the grocery stores.
 
-People are very polite to you, but don't expect them to say sorry if they run into you/hit you with their bag/step on your feet.

-ALWAYS keep an umbrella on you.  There are days like today were it was supposed to be sunny all day, but it randomly mizzled (drizzling rain/misting) for 10 minutes).

-Nobody guesses I'm from Canada, they all think I'm American and they apologize profusely when I say where I am from.

1 comment:

  1. Cute bunny. I liked the chage of pace and writing. Love Dad

    ReplyDelete