Thursday 11 October 2012

Bombay mix!

I mentioned Biddy's Tea Room in my last post.  I'm so addicted to that place that I went the next day with Taylor.  He had a cola chocolate cupcake (a chocolate cupcake made with cola, which you could barely taste) I had a scone with jam and clotted cream and violet flavoured tea.  Oh, how delicious it was! Taylor loves the place to and I cannot wait to go back.

Taylor is the king of the tea room

Ooh! I finally found a winter coat (I didn't bring mine as it is a shabby piece of work).  It's an adorable Hell Bunny coat that is not only warm, but adorable.

Thanks mom for helping me afford this
Friday I had my first Museum Studies class.  The professor is amazing (she is the one who interviewed me for the program and I could have sworn she grew up in England, but she is American and has been here for almost 10 years.  But, she has a strong English accent....) The class is fantastic, it is actually teaching us the skills and information we need to one day work in a museum, no matter what role we want to take on.  She is also a crazy cat lady, I only know this because the examples she used always mentioned her cat.

Saturday night a bunch of the students from my program went for dinner at the Bicycle Cafe.  There was only about 8 of us, which made it quite intimate.  I dragged Taylor along so he could meet everyone.  We stayed for a few hours and then had a peaceful walk home through the Cathedral walls at night. 

Sunday something glorious happen.....PANCAKES!!!! Taylor made me pancakes from scratch (thanks to a Martha Stewart recipe).  They were delicious! I ate far too many and napped for the rest of the day because of them.I did have a Skype date with Ms. Blaze.  I miss that pretty little lady, but we made plans for Xmas (Sadies and the AGO? Sounds like a perfect day)

I also talked to Abi (who is in Japan for her honeymoon at the moment!) and we came to the agreement that everything we need to know about British culture we learnt from Ab Fab.  For example, carpet commercials are horribly weird, fanny bags are called bum bags (fanny is another word for the front of a lady apparently), and Bombay mix is delicious! Bombay mix is mentioned in one of my favourite Ab Fab episodes and is a quote often used by Abi and myself.  So, when I saw it in the market, I KNEW I had to try it.  And good god is it delicious! It's roasted lentils, chickpeas and peanuts with these strange fried noodle bits all put together with lovely Indian spices.  I will be bringing a huge bag home and everyone can try the amazingness of it. 

Bombay mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment